Monday, April 16, 2012

Lunch Box Potato Salad

Entries in My Other Blogs :


It's tough having to think of different and interesting types of food to put in your lunch-box and take to work.  Plus you hope that whatever food you bring will be able to sustain you until you reach home in the evening.  For me, bringing food to work is nothing new, because I have been doing this ever since I was in primary school; beginning from the age of seven!

Thanks to my late mother, I have always had the notion that food you bring from home is always the best (and if you can have it, one that you mother cooks!)  You can ensure that the food is catered exactly to your taste (whether you want it a little bit sweeter or hotter or spicier!) and you can also bring as much as you want (much more than the single-serving at your cafeteria!)

So, on that note, I made this Lunch Box Potato Salad.  A simple but truly satisfying light dish that managed to make me remain satiated and full (sort of!) until I reached home from work!  And for something that is partly prepared in advance and partly prepared in the morning, this is truly a simple dish to prepare and take to work!
  • 1/2 kilo new potatoes, boiled with the skin and cubed
  • 200g chicken meat, poached and cubed
  • 250g green seedless grapes, halved
  • 1tsp mayonnaise 
  • A pinch of Salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper

The potatoes and chicken can be done the night before and kept in the fridge.  The next morning, just put everything in a bowl and toss everything together.  The Potato Salad is ready to be taken to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment