Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lazy Man's Pizza

Entries in My Other Blogs :



11th April was a special public holiday here in conjunction with the official Coronation of His Majesty the Yang Di Pertuan Agong.   And in conjunction with the special holiday, my children made some special requests about what they wanted to have for tea.  I had two separate requests from two separate children (two are at home, while the other one is still away!)  But, I gladly obliged because, I don't know, I guess I enjoy it!

One made a request for a pizza.  But I was too lazy to make the dough, so I came up with this Lazy Man's Pizza.  While the other one requested for Samosas (recipe will be posted soon!)  Well, he didn't actually requested for them, but I simply wanted to make them for every one!

Well, back to the Lazy Man's Pizza.  I actually cheated on the dough by using puff pastry, but I didn't however, cheat on the toppings because I put on everything that my daughter ordered!  So, here it is!

  • 2 pieces 12 x 12 inch puff pastry
  • 3 tbs spaghetti sauce (I always have some in the fridge)
  • 6 button mushrooms, sliced
  • 8 - 10 canned pineapple cubes
  • 1 cup cooked chicken meat, shredded
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 cup mixed grated cheese

Layer the two pieces of puff pastry on top of one another (to get a puffier crust! I'm greedy I know!)  and used it to fit a 5 x 12 inch baking pan.  Use the trimmings to make 1/2 inch strips to make borders around the pastry.  Stick the puff pastry strips using beaten egg yolk.

Spread the spaghetti sauce onto the base of the pastry followed by the chicken pieces.  Arrange the mushrooms and pineapple cubes around the chicken and then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning. Finally, spread the cheeses on top of the pizza.  Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C for about 20 minutes.  Serve immediately (for my kids, immediately wasn't quick enough!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment