Friday, January 17, 2014

Vanilla Melty Hershey

Star Q


My wife's niece called from Seremban this morning saying that she would be dropping by on her way to her mother-in-law's house in Labis.  It is natural for her to be a bit frantic when she is informed about someone's impending visit, especially with regards to what to serve to the guests.

I told her that maybe I could try to make 'Melty Hershey' (my variation at least!) something like the one I saw in Rahel's blog (with thanks)  She was initially sceptical as to whether our guests and our harshest critics (our kids!) would like the dessert.  As it turned out, my second kid who actually loves sweet things, gave it the thumbs up.

I managed to get ten containers of this dessert.  Not only did we have enough for ourselves and our guests, we even had enough to give to our neighbour.  I hope they like it.

  • 250 g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia) 
  • 250 ml whipping cream (I used Emborg)
  • 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 cup strawberry filling
  • Some Oreo biscuits, broken into small pieces
  • Some containers to put the dessert

Bring the cheese to room temperature, then, in a bowl beat until loose and light.  Next beat in the condensed milk.  Finally beat in the whipping cream followed by the vanilla essence.  Spoon one tablespoon of the cheese mixture into each of the containers.  Arrange a layer of the broken Oreo biscuits and top with half a teaspoon of the strawberry filling.  Repeat the procedure once again.  Top with a final tablespoon of the cheese mixture and a small drop of the strawberry filling.  Cover and place in the fridge to cool for a few hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment