Monday, April 2, 2012

Guacamole Gua!


Sometimes I get these hunger pangs somewhere between lunch and dinner, which may be normal to other people.  However, in my case, these hunger pangs come too soon after lunch and to wait for dinner is a torture.  I wonder if I'm getting my daughter's habit who seem to be hungry every now and then!

So, the other day, at about five in the evening, (I know!  That's only two hours away before dinner time!) these same hunger pangs threatened to render me unconscious and my stomach was making all kinds of noises I have never heard before!  So, in order to appease the incessant hunger, I rustled up my version of Guacamole (hence Guacamole Gua; 'gua' is a local slang for 'my', in other words My Guacamole!) which I based loosely on the one made by Nigella in one of her cooking programmes!  

As for the taste, I think I didn't take time to savour the dish that much, because the whole thing, plus the Nachos, disappeared in less than five minutes; shared between me and my daughter!  I guess the fact that it disappeared so quickly, speaks volumes about it's taste!

P.S. I didn't use any coriander leaves because I didn't have any.  Plus my wife doesn't like the herb (nor did she like the Guacamole! Haha!)
  • 2 ripe Avocados, flesh scooped out and roughly diced
  • 2 spring onions, chopped
  • 2 large shallots, chopped
  • 1 green chili, chopped
  • 1 ripe tomato, de-seeded and chopped
  • Juice from 1 lime
  • Salt to taste
  • A large packet of Nachoes

Mix well the avocados, spring onions, shallots, chili, tomato and lime juice.  Adjust seasoning and serve with the Nachoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment