Saturday, April 14, 2012

Leek Kerabu

Entries in My Other Blogs :




I've really ran out of ideas on what to have for lunch during weekends.  Sometimes when I prepare something elaborate, my critics will just give a 3 out of 10 review.  But, sometimes when I prepare something simple, I get a ten over ten review.  It just goes to show that something good does not have to be be elaborate, expensive or difficult to prepare.  In fact it can be something simple, as simple as this Leek Kerabu.

Like I said, I really didn't know what to make.  So, I opened the crisper section of my fridge and found that I had some leeks (I'd actually bought them two days ago and had forgotten all about it!)  I also had a Siakap (I reckon it is similar to Australia's Baramundi!) which I thought would go nice with the kerabu (and it did!)

5 leeks (take only the white parts) julienned 
5 spring onions, julienned
1 red chili, julinned
5 shallots, sliced
3 stalks lemongrass, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped *
3 red bird's eye chili, chopped *
1/4 inch ginger, chopped *
2 tsp sugar *
1 tsp fish sauce *
Juice of 1 lime *

Put all the julienned vegetables, shallots and lemongrass in a bowl.   For the dressing, mix thoroughly all the ingredients marked (*)  Mix 3/4 of the dressing with the vegetables and leave to macerate for at least an hour to reduce the leeks of its zing!  Before serving, drain as much of the dressing from the vegetables and mix with the reserved dressing.  Lay the vegetables on a plate and put the fried fish on top.  Drizzle the reserved dressing onto the fish!  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment