Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Steamed Tofu with Prawns


This has turned out to be one of my family's favourite dish and I am thankful that they seem to like such a simple dish, one that I can prepare any time in no time!  Any time I prepare this dish, my kids will be clamouring for this dish leaving the green scallions intact!  Kids will be kids!  Even if it is their favourite dish, they will only take what they like and leave what they don't for yours truly!  And thankfully I just love scallions.  

2 tubs soft tofu
250g fresh prawns, deveined and chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 thumb-size young ginger, sliced
2 scallions, sliced (or in my case, the more the merrier!)
2tbs sweet soy
2tbs oyster sauce
1tsp ground black pepper

Arrange the sliced ginger on the base of a steaming dish and place the tofu on top.  Mix the sweet soy, oyster sauce and pepper and pour over the tofu.  Mix the prawns and garlic and scatter over the tofu.  Then, place the sliced scallions on top and steam for about 15 minutes.  Serve immediately (and see it immediately disappear!)




No comments:

Post a Comment