Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chee Cheong Fan with Prawn Filling


Today marks the first day for the second week of school for this year.  Things have begun to return to their normalcy and the routine of school life have now become more bearable (I think!)  Well, this morning I prepared breakfast; a quick and simple one though, because I had done most of the preparation last night and kept it in the fridge before steaming it this morning.  I have always wanted to eat this Chinese dish and have never found any halal one, so I thought I'd venture into making it myself.  It didn't turn out to be that difficult, and the result was both delicious (to me, at least!) and quite satisfying.  To top it all off, there are only five simple ingredients!!!

5 pieces chee cheong fan
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 springs spring onions (chopped)
250g prawns, diced
3tsp oyster sauce

Mix the garlic, spring onions and prawns together and marinade with the oyster sauce for about ten minutes.  Unroll the chee cheong fan and scatter sparingly the filling all over the flat noodle and then roll it up again.  Put the completed chee cheong fans into a greased heatproof dish, cover with foil and steam for about ten minutes.  Cut the rolled-up flat noodles into bite-size portions and serve with sweet chili sauce and sliced spring onions!  Serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment