Sunday, January 15, 2012

Reinvention of Nigella's Hash Brown



I just came back from Seremban yesterday and was ready to make Chicken Pot Pie for breakfast today.  But my wife suggested that it would better if I waited for our son to come back on Tuesday so that every one could enjoy the flaky pastry crusted pie!  And so I conceded with the suggestion and decided to do a remake of Nigella's hash brown which I used to make once!  This time I thought, instead of frying everything, perhaps I should just boil them.  I should have anticipated the result!!!  A hash brown that resembled more of a potato salad.  Well, nobody minded having potato salad for breakfast.  At least, I didn't!

3 medium size potatoes, boiled and cubed
4 smokes smoked sausages, boiled and cubed
1 cup petit pois, lightly boiled
1 cup grated cheddar
4 tbs mayonnaise 
1 tsp mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Assemble by tossing all the ingredients together while the potatoes and sausages are still hot in order to melt the cheese!  Serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment