Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Banana Muffins


Oh, well!  It's another case of too many ripe bananas and there's just too many to eat!  We got about four combs of bananas from my brother-in-law who really does have green fingers because every seedling that he plants will simply grow well and bear fruits, including these bananas below.  And so I decided to make these Banana Muffins!  



This recipe was given to me by a colleague at school, but surprisingly it didn't turn out to be anything like muffins except for the fact that they are baked in cup cake cases.  In fact they were as soft and luscious as cupcakes!!!  But, staying true to the name of the recipe given to me, I will call it Banana Muffins, even though I know better!!  And since I got 24 cupcakes, I mean muffins, from the batch, I gave some to my neighbour; the ones in the blue cup cake cases!  Mine's red, by the way!


230g butter
250g caster sugar (I used brown)
265g plain flour (I used self-raising, since that was I had)
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt (omit if using butter with salt)
5 ripe bananas, mashed (I used "pisang emas")
5 medium size eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Cream the butter and sugar (you will notice from this first step that this is not a recipe for muffins!) Beat in the eggs, one by one, then stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla essence.  Then fold in the flour and baking powder, which have been sifted earlier.  Bake in a 180 C oven for 25 - 30 minutes.

And, oh yes, my neighbour's youngest daughter shrieked happily when I gave her a batch of the 'muffins' to take home!





No comments:

Post a Comment