Friday, January 6, 2012

Colourful Mixed Vegetables


One of my many favourite types of vegetables (if that's ever possible!) is a dish containing many different types of colourful vegetables (sometimes I wish there were blue vegetables! Purple cabbage doesn't retain its colour if fried!)  I mean,  I can just sit down and eat the vegetables as a main course even though it is meant to be a side dish!  I can take it steamed, in soups, baked, grilled or in this case fried.  

Unfortunately, my kids love vegetables only if you have some kind of protein in them; proteins like fish, prawns, chicken or beef; especially beef!  So, in order to get them to eat their vegetables, I more often than not, add beef into the dish, hence today's vegetable dish (and any other time I prepare mixed vegetables!), Colourful Mixed Vegetables with Beef Slices.

1 medium-sized yellow capsicum
10 baby sweet corn
2 red chili 
250 mange touts
250 beef slices
2tbs oyster sauce
1tbs light soy sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1tbs vegetable oil
1tsp sesame oil


First marinade the beef slices with the oyster sauce, light soy sauce and black pepper for about half an hour.  Prepare the vegetables by cutting them into even and manageable sizes so they will cook evenly.  Next heat the vegetable oil in a wok and heat the oil.  Saute the garlic and add in the beef slices.  Continue stirring the beef for half a minute then add in the vegetables.  Stir everything for another minute then add in the sesame oil.  Dish out immediately and serve hot! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment