Monday, January 2, 2012

Fried Penne


Aaaaarrgh!  Today is the last day of the long school holidays!  For a moment there, I was shocked back into reality after more than one month of taking things easy and doing things I enjoy doing.  Not that I don't enjoy teaching, but I was having too much fun spending my holidays!  Well, no more lazy mornings and eating my breakfast slowly, chatting with the wife and kids and cooking!  Not until the next holidays, at least!  And talking about breakfast, today I prepared something for my family using some penne I had left from the Penne Bolognese I made previously; something simple yet satisfying for breakfast!  You will know it's simple from the way I arrange and sort the ingredients!

4 cups cooked penne
1 cup minced beef (see, I told you it's simple!)
2 cups cauliflower florets (this was the only veg I had in the fridge!)
5 shallots, minced
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs chili paste
3 tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs sweet soy sauce
2 tbs fish sauce
1 cup water


Simply saute the shallots and garlic until fragrant then add in the chili paste.  Once the chili is cooked, add in the minced beef.  When the beef is tender, put in all the seasonings (oyster sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce) and stir in the cauliflower florets together with the water.  Add in the penne when the florets seem tender.  Toss in the wok until all the water has been absorbed by the penne.  Serve immediately garnished with slivers of thin omelet, sliced spring onions and onion crisps.  Simply disappears!

No comments:

Post a Comment