Sunday, January 1, 2012

Kerabu Sotong


The end-of-year celebrations have all but ended and I guess it's time to start planning on menus that are light as opposed to those that I have greedily consumed during the long holidays (my waist line is testimony to all that binge!)  It's time to make coconut milk-laden gravies and dishes a once-a-week affair or less if that's ever going to be possible for us Malaysians!  But, try we must and we have to persevere!  So, in the spirit of starting with that theme, I thought I'd spike my taste buds with this Squid Salad which happily enough, doesn't have a single drop of fat!

500g squids, cleaned and lightly poached in hot water, twice
5 stalks lemon grass, thinly sliced
5 Thai shallots, thinly sliced
10 birds eye chilis, sliced
10 snake beans, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
1 beef tomato, julienned
5tbs grated palm sugar
5tbs fish stock
juice from 1 large lime

Make the sauce by thoroughly mixing the grated palm sugar, fish stock and lime juice together.  Once ready, mix and toss all the salad ingredients and the sauce in a big bowl.  The salad is ready to be served!


No comments:

Post a Comment