Monday, July 2, 2012

Brown Rice Salad

Star Q


This spell of gout I've been having has limited my choice of daily food.  Then again, I have never really fancied seafood (except fish) or meat (except white meat!)  But I do love beans and legumes.  These are foods that people with gout are not supposed to eat.

So, my once-a-week session as an unwilling vegetarian has now become an as-often-as-possible thing!  What to do and what to make?  This was something I just threw together!  It turned out to be quite filling.  You really have to get a bit of everything in one mouthful to get the pleasure of eating this dish.

2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
10 black olives, thickly sliced
1/2 a green zucchini, diced
2 shallots, chopped
2 packets Japanese dressing
Dash of black pepper

Just mix all the ingredients together and the dish is ready!

(Honestly!  I can never be a total vegetarian.  This alkaline-food-group diet is, well, alkaline!)

No comments:

Post a Comment