Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cellophane Noodles Kerabu #2

Star Q


You can never have too much of a good thing, and cellophane noodles (in what ever dish) is something my children can never have enough of!  I consider this a blessing in disguise, because I know how difficult it is to get children to eat their vegetables.  And if they like their vegetables in the form of this kerabu, then so be it; not matter how tedious it is to prepare!

In my previous entry, I made a Thai-style Cellophane Noodle Kerabu.  This time, however, I had decided to give it a Chinese theme.  I was happy to see that my children enjoyed this version (I think it must have been the huge RM21/kilo prawns lying temptingly on their bed of Kerabu!)  

1/2 kilo prawns, shelled, de-veined and poached
1/2 head small (-ish) Chinese cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, julienned 
3 red chilies , julienned
10 red/green birds eye chilies, sliced
4 spring onions, sliced 
100g dry cellophane noodles
3 tbs oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
Juice of 1 lime

First prepare the cellophane noodles.  Soak in water for about half an hour (or as long as you can!)  Then blanch in boiling water until cooked.  Strain in a colander and wash slightly under cold running water.  Leave aside to cool.

Now, prepare the dressing.  Put the oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar and lime juice in a bowl and mix until well-combined.  Take 1 tbs of this dressing and mix with the poached prawns.

In a salad bowl, put in all the vegetables and the dressing and toss well.  Take the prawns and incorporate into the salad.  Leave aside a few of the prawns as garnish (or to lure your children into eating the kerabu!)  Serve immediately!

* Note that the ingredients given above are to my taste and liking and are just a guide for you to cater to your own taste buds!  Happy Kerabu!

No comments:

Post a Comment