Monday, March 12, 2012

Sticky Chicken Wings


This is a late entry since this dish was cooked especially for my birthday dinner, by myself!  In fact, I had typed three entries in February and decided to wait until 1st March to post them because I am anticipating March to be a busy month, where school activities are concerned (talk about foresight!!!)  And I thought, if I had a few entries as drafts, then I could post them whenever possible (talk about planning! Hehe!!!)

Anyway, back to the dish!  I was thinking of something simple to make for dinner, since my birthday cake that I made (which was chosen by my daughter!!!)  was a very rich cake!  For the carbo part of the dinner, I talked my wife (successfully!) into preparing a simple fried rice a la herself!
And as usual something simple meant rummaging through the larder and searching for ingredients that would go into the making of the chicken dish.  It really didn't take me long to gather the ingredients.  What's more, I was also able to leave the chicken to do the cooking on its own!  Taste wise; my critics loved them!
  • 8 whole chicken wings
  • 4 cloves garlic, pounded
  • 2 thumb-size ginger, pounded
  • 1 tbs sweet chili sauce
  • 1 tbs plum sauce
  • 2 tbs barbecue sauce
  • 1 tbs oyster sauce
  • 1 tsp white pepper

Put the chicken wings and all the ingredients in a zip-lock bag.  Shake vigorously to mix everything together.  Leave in the fridge to macerate (I left for overnight!)  To cook, heat oven at 180 C, put chicken wings and the marinade into a casserole dish, and roast for about an hour.  Serve the chicken wings with the juices and some spring onions as garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment