Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Smoked Salmon Sandwich


My daughter is a very picky eater.  She's very choosy about what she eats for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  She sometimes wants a few different types of food to choose from during each meal like breakfast for example, especially on Saturdays.  This is the day when I do my weekly shopping for foodstuff.  She would expect me to buy at least three different types of food like Nasi Lemak, Fried Noodles and a Kebab for her to choose from according to her fancy.

It is indeed very difficult to satisfy someone who is such a picky eater.  I wonder how she would survive if she were in a boarding school.  I guess that's probably why she never wanted to go to boarding school in the first place!

Today, for breakfast she wanted smoked salmon, because the other day she already had sushi and she really likes sushi.  I thought that having smoked salmon early in the morning was so inappropriate but she insisted, so I turned the peppered smoked salmon into a simple sandwich.  She would have finished all the four sandwiches if she had her way; and she almost did!
  • 4 slices peppered smoked salmon
  • 8 slices whole wheat bread
  • some tartar sauce
  • some gherkins, sliced

Simply spread some tartar sauce on a slice of bread.  Put a slice of smoked salmon and a few slices of  gherkins.  And top off with another slice of bread.  Do the same with the rest of the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment