Sunday, February 19, 2012

Peachy Cheese Cake


I must confess that I do love peaches (even though here in Malaysia, the only ones we have are the canned varieties!) and I love to eat them as is or cooked and prepared in different ways.  But, I can only take so much of the oh-so-sweet canned peaches and the rest of my family just do not find them appetizing.  So, for a few days, I have been having six or seven peach halves swimming in sugar syrup enjoying the cool temperature of my fridge.  

Furthermore, since I started baking again, my crisper in the fridge seems to be burgeoning to the brim with ingredients for an impromptu baking; from the ubiquitous butter to walnuts and from the collection of cheeses to glace cherries.  It seems like every time I go to the supermarket, I will buy a thing or two that I can use for baking (I have yet to buy new bake ware!)  And so, after rummaging through the crisper for the ingredients and through @yatiememories blog for the recipe, I started baking this Peachy Cheese cake!  As usual, I reduced all the ingredients by half!

  • 1 1/2 cup caster sugar (I used soft brown)
  • 1tsp vanilla essence
  • 200g canned peaches (what else!) diced
  • 2 1/4 cup plain flour + 1tsp baking powder (sifted together)
  • 250g butter
  • 250g cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup fresh milk
  • 3 eggs

Preheat oven to 160C and grease and lightly dust with flour a loaf pan.  Beat butter, sugar and vanilla till light and creamy then beat in the eggs, one at a time.  Neat beat in the milk and cream cheese.  Finally fold in the flour.  Put in a ladle of the mixture into the pan and top with a scattering of diced peaches, followed by the mixture and another scattering of peaches.  End with a layer of the batter.  Even the top with a spatula and bake for about 50 minutes until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment