Monday, February 20, 2012

Curry Burger with Avocado


Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I only have oats every day (maybe minus the odd Saturdays and Sundays!)  Even though, it may seem light, having oats does take me through the day, at least until 11.00 or 11.30 when it is just right for brunch.  That is the time I will have something a bit heavier that will satisfy me until I have my main meal at 4.00 in the evening.

I only have rice one a day (which not usual for a Malaysian, who pratically live on rice!) and I can make do with just bread or noodles.  So, for brunch today I prepared my own version of a healthy sandwich (the one you see in the picture, with sweet chili sauce and mayonnaise peeping through, is for my daughter!!!) or I call it burger because of the meat inside it!

For the beef patties
  • 300gm ground beef
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 piece oyster mushroom, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp meat curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
  • 1 slice day old sandwich bread, blitzed into breadcrumbs
  • Salt to taste

Garnish
  • 1 ripe avocado, sliced
  • 1 plum tomato, sliced
  • 1 Spanish onion, sliced
  • 2 slices (malted) sourdough bread

Thoroughly mix all the ingredients for the beef patties together and form three patties.  Put in between plastic sheets and refrigerate (since I want it for breakfast, I left it overnight!!!)  Heat a scant amount of oil in a frying pan and cook beef patties until done.  To assemble, merely slice the beef patties on the bias and lay on one piece of the bread, followed by a layer of plum tomatoes, the Spanish onions, the avocado slices and top with another pieces of bread.

Now, where's my lunchbox? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment