Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Potato Rosti


What can I say?  I had the oven out and there were some ingredients in the fridge and larder plus every body was hungry, so this is what I came up with.  I used to make potato rosti, but they have always been fried and in fact, I've never tried this one.  But it turned out just nice, a little tricky getting them out of the cupcake pan though, so next time I'll grease it with a little more margarine!  My kids loved it with some chili sauce (of course, to them, everything would taste better with some chili sauce!)  I only made a small batch of twelve rostis (enough for the cupcake pan) and it was gone before I know it!  And it didn't take long to put together either!



Before baking
After baking
5 medium potatoes (scrubbed, dried and coarsely grated)
4 crab stick filaments (cut into matchsticks)
1 cup grated cheese (I used Cheddar; that was the only cheese in the fridge!)
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 tsp cornflour
Salt and pepper to taste

Just mix everything together and distribute evenly into the cupcake pan.  Bake in a 180 C oven for about 30 minutes.  Serve warm (with chili sauce if you like!)


No comments:

Post a Comment