Friday, December 16, 2011

Persona Layered Cake


No, I didn't try this recipe because its name is similar to the brand name of the car I'm driving.  However, I did try it out (the cake that is!) because ryo@Ryoazhar has put it so simply that I had to give it a go.  Plus the fact that all my kids are at home (the eldest is back for the weekend!) so shrieks of sibling teasing one another had to be silenced a bit by filling their mouths with food, aside from the fact that the cold weather is running havoc on everyone's meal time!

The result was a bit like Tiramisu.  Only thing, if I were to make this again, I'd leave the milk out or I'd dunk the biscuits in milk for a much shorter time!  But, my critics were kind to me as they devoured the whole batch of pudding in one go amidst  high tones of conversation and laughter.  My pudding didn't manage to silence them.  But at least they enjoyed the pud, and that was more than I could as for.  So, if you want to unsuccessfully keep your kids quiet, give this recipe a try!


300g digestive biscuits (I used Ping Pong's 'Biskut Marie' - the coffee-flavoured one)
200ml warm milk
250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
10ml fresh milk (I'd opt it out the next time!)
1/4 cup caster sugar
25g butter (I used vegetable margarine!)

1.Beat cheese, butter and sugar and then slowly incorporate the milk.
2.Soak the biscuits in the milk (slightly!) then arrange the bottom of a dish lined with cling film.
3.Evenly spread a layer of the cream mixture and top with another layer of biscuits.
4.Repeat process and end with a layer of biscuits on top.
5.Let it set in the freezer for as long as you can! (I couldn't!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment