Thursday, June 7, 2012

Oaty Cherry Cookies

Star Q


It's the eighth day of the school holiday!  Mind you, I don't count weekends as school holidays since they are public holidays.  And according to my calculation, the school semester holiday, is in fact not sixteen days but only a mere ten days!  

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.  The cookies are actually, once again, my youngest daughter's request.  Once again she has been hounding me about baking some cookies (the same last time we made Sultana and Raisin Rock Drops!) and today I gave her some of my cook books for her to go through and choose a cookie recipe.  And this is what she has chosen; one by Mary Cadogan from GoodFood magazine!  

By the way, it uses oats, and lots of it! Oh, well!  There goes my breakfast!

(I reduced all the quantities by half)
  • 9oz butter, softened
  • 2oz caster sugar
  • 31/2oz muscovado sugar (I used light brown)
  • 51/2oz self-raising flour (I used all purpose plus 1/2 tsp baking powder)
  • 8oz porridge oats (I used instant)
  • 70z glace cherries
  • 20z raisins

In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Stir in the flour and oats and mix well.  Next, stir in the glace cherries and raisins.  Divide the mixture evenly into balls (I got 12)  Flatten the balls slightly and place on a lined baking tin.  Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for about 35 minutes until pales golden around the edges.  The cookies should still feel soft in the centre and the bottom should be slightly browned.  Cool in the tin for about 5 minutes then, transfer to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment