Monday, June 25, 2012

Tomato Quiche

Star Q


No, this is not the case of using-up-things-in-the-fridge!  This is merely diversifying the quiche recipe that I made much earlier (read two months ago!)  I now only realized how versatile quiche can be!  After scanning through recipe books (at bookstores!) and watching countless cooking programmes, I thought I'd try this one out!

I also found out (also through my reading) that it is always best to use very ripe tomatoes (much sweeter) as opposed to the semi-ripe ones (used in curries!)   Anyway, the quiches turned out brilliant (mainly due to the red tomatoes) and that my critics love them!

For the pastry:
Refer here

For the filling :
  • 4 1/2 oz grated Cheddar cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 tbs cream cheese
  • 250ml milk
  • 4 tomatoes, sliced
  • A pinch of dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream cheese and milk until well blended.  Season with salt and pepper.  Pour the filling into prepared pie plate which has been lined with the grated Cheddar cheese.  Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, in the egg filling. Sprinkle with the dried thyme and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for about 20 minutes until filling is set.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment