Thursday, June 21, 2012

Two-Berry Muffins

Star Q


I am a great believer in the phrase 'you are never too old to learn'.  Even at my age, I am learning something new about the cookery world every day.  In fact, I think, where learning is concerned, you can do it at any age as long as you have the determination and will to do so.

And it through this process called learning that I recently found out (stale news to the rest of the world! Haha!) that I can actually freeze expensive blueberries and raspberries.  You know that we are not always lucky enough to have the chance to buy these berries.  And for someone who lives far away from the nearest hypermarket that sells imported foods, acquiring them is always a thrill, even when at that very moment, you don't have any idea what to do with the berries!


So, after being lucky enough to get my hands on these two berries a few weeks back, I immediately froze them.  Of course I used some of the raspberries to make my Raspberry Layered Cheese Cake.  And today, voila, I made these Two-Berry Muffins.  I got the idea after seeing Donna Hay on television, making her Blueberry Muffins.  However, I made some alterations to mine!  I must admit, after several muffin attempts, this is the best I've made!

  • 1 cup low-fat yogurt
  • 1 large egg, slightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup corn oil
  • 1tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries/raspberries

In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.  In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.  Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold until just mixed.  Then, slowly fold in the frozen berries straight from the freezer.  Fill muffin cases with the batter, then bake in a preheated oven at 190 C for about 30 minutes.  Serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment