Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Watermelon Infused Pineapple Juice

Star Q


It's been a hot few days and fasting during Eid when every body is eating and drinking merrily to their hearts' content is an awesome challenge.  I have decided to do the non-obligatory six-day fasting during Eid and I have four more days to go!  Seeing my colleagues drink and eat, got me to thinking about this juice that I made for Iftaar during Ramadan.

As usual (most of the time, anyway) some of my recipes are efforts made to finish some of the food I have left, either in the fridge or the larder.  And the thirsty hot Ramadan month made me come up with this simple juice.  This recipe is for individual serving (since I made this using whatever was left!)
  • 1 cup juice from canned pineapples
  • Some watermelon
Blitz the watermelon in a blender.  Avoid adding water because this will dilute the concentration and taste of the watermelon.  Pour into ice-cube trays and freeze.  Beats putting ice cubes in your drink!

To serve, pour the pineapple juice into a tall glass.  Top with six or seven watermelon juice cubes.  Wait until some of the watermelon juice has infused into the pineapple juice.  Then, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment