Thursday, September 13, 2012

Marshmallow & Strawberry Mousse

Star Q


My daughter eyed the huge Australian strawberries I had bought earlier.  She asked for one and I gave her.  I knew she'd ask for more because the strawberries were sweet.  She had also been munching on the half kilo of marshmallows I had bought for her earlier.  I knew she'd make them both disappear and we won't have a share.  So, I decided to do something about it!

No, I didn't hide them from her.  Neither do I hide any food from any of my children.  What I did was turned the two things into a mouse which all could share (since neither me or my missus like marshmallows!)  It was already 7.00 p.m., so I decided on something simple which I found from the net.

  • 250g fresh strawberries, roughly chopped
  • 70g caster sugar (I used soft brown)
  • 200ml double cream
  • 140g marshmallows
  • 100ml water

Put the strawberries, sugar and water in a pan.  Simmer until the berries turn into pulp (mashing with a fork makes fast work)  Once all the berries are mashed, put in the marshmallows until they have all emulsified.  Set aside to cool.

Whip the cream until it holds it's shape.  Add the marshmallow mixture into the cream and stir to mix.  Spoon in ramekins and chill in the fridge for at least two hours.  Serve by topping each with half a strawberry.


No comments:

Post a Comment