Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mango Cheese Tarts

Star Q


I've been keeping about fifteen sweet pastry shells in my Tupperware for almost a week now.  The missus has been nagging me about the possibility of the shells turning bad, and that it would be a total waste.  I knew she was right, but I was too lazy to make anything.

Then I remembered that I had about 4 oz of cream cheese in the fridge; left-over from a previous baking endeavour.  And I decided to make the simplest cheese tart there was.  I scoured the net and came across this recipe for the tart filling by Kak Wan (thank you for the recipe!)  But, as always I tweaked and changed it a bit!

For the tart shells, I used the fail-safe recipe I have been using all this while.  The recipe for the filling (which I halved) is as follows :

  • 250g cream cheese at room temperature
  • 60g icing sugar
  • 50g butter
  • 1 egg (believe it or not, I used half an egg!)
  • 1tbs lemon juice (which I omitted)

Filling : 150g mango fruit filling

Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and butter until fluffy, then beat in the egg.  Assemble the tarts by placing 1/3 tsp of the fruit filling onto the base of the tart shell.  Next, spoon on top of the filling about 1/2 tsp cream cheese mixture (using a piping bag would be faster!)  Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 C for about 5 - 8 minutes or until the surface of the tarts feel firm to the touch.  

Note : For this amount of cheese mixture I got to make 18 pieces of tarts.



No comments:

Post a Comment