Monday, September 10, 2012

Lunch Box #2 : Streaky Beef Wrap

Star Q


I have completed the six-day non-obligatory fasting during the month of Syawal.  So, this morning it was back to thinking of what to bring (tapow!) for brunch at school.  It's a good thing we just came back from Seremban yesterday and had stopped by Jusco 2 (now AEON) and Seremban 2 Tesco, where I managed to get some of my favorite things!

For today's lunch box, I rustled up something easy; an all-in-one that's not to messy to eat; a wrap!  When I was preparing this, I thought of the wraps sold at the fast-food outlets and I thought how different they are from the ones that you make yourself!  You can put all the trimmings in the world!  Well, not exactly but you can really make it according to your own fancy!

The following is for individual wrap :
  • 1 piece potato tortilla
  • 2 rashers streaky beef
  • 2 lettuce leaves
  • 2 pieces gherkins, sliced length ways
  • 1 onion, sliced into rings
  • 2 tbs salad dressing
  • 1/2 tsp mustard
  • Pepper

Fry the streaky beef according to your preference.  Lay the tortilla and spread one half of it with mustard and salad dressing.  Then start layering the rest of the ingredients.  I started with the lettuce leaves, then the onion rings, gherkins and streaky beef.  Sprinkle with some freshly cracked black pepper.  Fold the bottom half of the tortilla over, then fold the sides.  The wrap should be eaten as soon as possible because it would get soggy (which I don't really mind!) due to the mustard and dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment