Sunday, May 27, 2012

Coconut Pandan Muffin

Star Q
ii.  Pindah!!!


It's the weekend and the start of a two-week long school holiday.  I've got a lot of things planned for the next week, especially marking and grading students' mid-year exam answer scripts.  And marking students' scripts, especially unintelligible and illegible scripts, can be demanding, both on the brain and the nerves.  I really cannot control my emotion and I start to turn green like the Hulk when I get too many of these scripts!

And speaking of green, I decided to ease the stress of marking these scripts by, what else, baking.  Well, muffin would be simple enough.  But half way through, I found the process very torturous, because of the very warm weather; and toiling by the oven certainly did not alleviate the situation.  But I pressed on, and, voila, Coconut Pandan Muffin!

Ingredients

(A)
  • 100g all purpose flour
  • 1/3 tsp baking powder
  • small pinch salt

(B)
  • 2 eggs
  • 95g soft brown caster sugar
  • 85g corn oil
  • 1/2 tbs coconut pandan emulco
  • 25g freshly grated coconut

(C)
  • 150g vegetable shortening
  • 90g icing sugar
  • 1/2 tsp coconut pandan emulco
  • 2 drops green coloring

Sift ingredients A into a large bowl.  Add in B and mix until just combined.  The mixture should be a bit lumpy.  Spoon mixture in muffin cups and bake in pre-heated oven at 180 C for about 25 minutes.

For the icing, beat the shortening and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Then, add in the coconut pandan emulco and green coloring.  Decorate at will! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment