Sunday, May 20, 2012

Carrot & Pineapple Cake with New Toy

Star Q


Two things instigated me to make this cake today.  One, the wife has been nagging me to use up all the bits and pieces of everything in the fridge that can be used for baking.  And, secondly (wait for it!) I got a new toy!  After many moons of waiting,  I finally got my bundt cake mould (mould not pan, since it's silicone!!!)

I am so used to using metal cake pans that before putting it into the oven, I placed it on a baking tray.  Then, once it's in the oven, I looked to the oven door every five minutes, just it case the silicone mould started to melt (Haha!)  But not only did the mould not melt, the cake came out quite easily too!


As for the odd bits in the fridge, there were enough ingredients to make this cake.  I decided to omit the walnuts since I have been suffering gout for the past week.  Nuts!  No more nuts from now on!
  • 110g all purpose flour
  • 1 heaped tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
  • 85ml sunflower oil
  • 100g soft brown sugar
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 100g roughly grated carrots
  • 50g canned pineapples, diced

Beat the eggs, oil and sugar until creamy.  Sift the flour, bicarbonate soda and baking powder together and fold into the egg mixture.  Then fold in the grated carrots and diced pineapples.  Pour into the mould and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for about 35 minutes.  Serve warm.

P.S. Or if you have any leftover cream cheese frosting (like I did!), cool the cake first then serve with!  Plus any berries you may have lying around in the fridge! :-)



2 comments: