|The Last Few|
One more thing that we are all thankful for (I am thankful for a lot of things, but I only share a few of those things!) is the surprise seafood that was brought back by my wife's nephew who is a naval officer in Sabah. He brought back three fresh garoupas, five soles and about fifteen huge prawns, as huge as a newborn's arm. My in-laws decided not to turn the prawns into dishes that they are used to, so they asked my wife and I to cook something simple but at the same time, we were able to taste the freshness of the prawns without any over-powering sauce or 'sambals'.
- 15 huge prawns (I split the prawns into 2 because they were too big!)
- some and turmeric (season the prawns with them and fry for a short while)
- 3 eggs (beaten and fried in hot oil using 'acuan roti jala' to get the stringy effect)
- 10 birds eye chillies, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 stalks curry leaves, stripped
- salt and pepper for seasoning.
Saute the garlic, chillies and curry leaves. Toss in the prawns and season with salt and pepper. Lastly stir in the stringy fried eggs!
P.S. The prawns you see in the picture are what was left of the whole bunch of prawns. When I came back from Friday prayers, every one at home had eaten! I didn't even have the chance to garnish the dish or put it into a better-looking dish! Then again, who needs a beautiful dish when the dish can speak for itself!