Saturday, November 1, 2014

Sesame Roasted Chicken Wings

Star Q



There are monthly editions of cookery magazines offering readers opportunities to try their recipes.  I must admit that I have tried a few of them but most times I am skeptical about the list of ingredients of most of the recipes given.  

However, this cookery magazine that has been in my safe-keeping since 1995, has many recipes that don't only offer readers who try their recipes a chance of success but also a sense of confidence that the recipes will be successful once they are tried.

This magazine which I bought in Leeds when I was studying there has given me a lot of satisfaction where the success rate of the recipes is concerned.  In fact my first attempt at baking a cake for Hari Raya there (which fell in winter!) was a success after using one of the recipes from the magazine.  

This time around I tried out one of the chicken recipes.  I am glad I did because my kids enjoyed the chicken drumsticks!  Yes, I switched the wings for drumsticks because my kids love chicken and wings will not satisfy them!  But you can use wings if you like!

  • 10 chicken drumsticks (or wings if you prefer)
  • 2 tbs tomato puree
  • 2 tbs sunflower oil (I used corn oil)
  • 2 tbs sesame oil
  • 2 tbs clear honey
  • 1 tbs hot chili sauce

In a sealable container, mix ingredients two to six.  Then add the chicken drumsticks and coat thoroughly with the marinade.  Leave to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or for up to 2 hours in the fridge.  Preheat oven to 190 C and roast the chicken for about 45 minutes or until completely cooked.  Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment