Friday, November 14, 2014

Peach and Cheddar Cheese Cake

Star Q


I always find excuses to try out new recipes, and the arrival of a guest to our home is one of those excuses.  Actually I had been helping my wife prepare all the dishes for lunch and the only thing left was dessert, so I guess it was my duty to prepare it.

I rummaged through all the recipe books that I have and I found this interesting cheddar cheese pound cake in one bilingual Chinese recipe book.  However, as usual, being the self-proclaimed king of tweak that I am, other than the ingredients stated in the recipe, I also added cubes of canned peaches, which made the cake really moist!

I am happy the cake turned out okay and that my kids and wife liked the cake.  And, guess what!  My guest liked it too.  

  • 250g unsalted butter
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 100ml fresh milk
  • 275g AP flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 125g grated cheddar cheese
  • 1 canned peach, cubed

Preheat oven at 150 C.  Line and grease a 5" x 8" cake tin.  Beat butter and sugar until fluffy, then beat in eggs one at a time, making sure that they are well-beaten after each addition.  Fold in the milk, flour, baking powder and peaches.  Finally fold in the grated cheese.  I grated the cheese straight into the batter in three batches, folding after each batch.  Pour cake batter into the tin and bake for 50 minutes or until done.  Wait until cake is completely cold before turning out from the tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment