Friday, November 21, 2014

Fried Zucchini with Chicken

Star Q



It has always been a bad habit of mine to buy things that I don't want to use immediately.  I always buy things, foodstuffs especially, at the spur of a moment, thinking that I may not be able to buy the things especially when the things I buy I not readily available.

The zucchinis I had lying in the fridge was one case in point.  I was with my family at one of the bigger supermarkets in Seremban where I saw these fresh zucchinis, aside from the punnets of blackberries, raspberries and other berries you can name.  But I opted to buy the zucchinis because I knew that they would last longer in the fridge.

However, I have my wife to thank for constantly clearing the fridge of items that have been in there for more than a week.  I was at work when she did her cleaning.  When I came home for dinner she served me the zucchinis she had cooked.  I was thinking of turning the zucchinis into something else,  but for the lack of time, I was happy she did what she did.

  • 2 green zucchinis
  • 200g chicken breast, sliced thinly
  • 6 cloves garlic, smashed
  • 1 tbs oyster sauce
  • 1 tbs soya sauce
  • 1/2 tsp sesame seed oil
  • 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tbs cooking oil 
Cut each zucchini into two lengthways and then slice them on a bias; set aside.  Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil in a wok and saute the garlic and stir in the chicken pieces.  Once the chicken is cooked, add in the sauces and the sesame oil.  Stir in the zucchini slices and season with black pepper.  Turn off the heat when the zucchinie slices are cooked but still have a bit of crunch.  Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment