Friday, November 1, 2013

Peas and Feta Samosa

Star Q


Phew!  It has almost been a month since I made an entry into this foodie blog of mine.  However, I have been accumulating the pictures of all the dishes that I have prepared (or I helped to prepare)  The only thing was I didn't have the time to upload any of the recipes.

Well, I shall not tell you about how busy I have been; let's just say I have been really busy.  So, for this entry I have decided to share my version of the famous Greek food Spanakopita.  My version is just simply called Peas and Feta Samosas.  I call it my version because it contains almost the same ingredients as Spanakopita, only I omitted the spinach because I can't eat it.
  • 5 sheets of 12-inch x 12-inch  filo pastry
  • 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, crumbled
  • 2 cups petit pois, blanched
  • 1 large onion, sliced and caramelized
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup cooking oil

In a bowl, mix the feta, petit pois, caramelized onion and black pepper together and set aside.  Cut each filo pastry into long 4-inch strips.  Take one of the strips, and brush with the cooking oil.  On one corner of the strip, put a teaspoon of the feta filling.  Then fold the filo strip to form an equilateral triangle.  Repeat with the rest of the filo strips.

Bake the samosas in an oven pre-heated at 180 C for about 25 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.  Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment