Monday, November 4, 2013

Guacamole Parmesan

Star Q


It's been raining almost every afternoon for the past few days.  And you know what comes with the cold that the rain brings?  Hunger pangs.  And I couldn't help myself but rummage through the pantry to look for something to eat.

But sometimes it's not very satisfying just to open a bag of nachos and merely munching away.  I thought some guacamole would go very well with the bag of nachos, so I made a batch.  Good thing I had some avocados lying in the fridge and had been waiting for such an occasion to make some guacamole.  However, I didn't have enough ingredients to make a real guacamole, so I improvised.

  • 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 a red onion, finely diced
  • 1 green chilli, finely diced
  • Juice from half a lemon
  • 1 spring onion, finely sliced
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 tbs grated parmesan

Put the avocado, onion, green chilli, lemon juice and salt in a bowl and roughly mash the ingredients.  Mix in 2 tbs of the parmesan and transfer to a serving dish.  Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment