Sunday, January 6, 2013

Turmeric Flower Kerabu/Kerabu Bunga Kunyit

Star Q


It's been a busy first week of school this new year and it's not surprising that this is only my second entry for January 2013.  Too much focus on work (which is not a bad thing, I guess) has taken up most of my time.  Even when I am at home, I am already too tired to do anything else, but to lie down and relax my aching muscles and mind!

But, my eagerness to cook (or prepared something!) got the better of me and I prepared this simple dish just out of the blue.  My turmeric plant happened to be blooming and thought it would be nice to turn it into Kerabu.

  • 1 turmeric flower, picked and sliced
  • 3 long beans, sliced
  • 1/2 green mango, julienned
  • 5 shallots, sliced
  • 250 g beef, grilled and thinly sliced
  • 5 birds eye chilies
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tbs soft brown sugar
  • 1 tbs fish sauce
  • 1 tbs lime juice
  • 2 tbs water

Place all the vegetables in a large bowl.  Make the dressing by mixing the garlic, birds eye chilies, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime sauce and water together.  Pour the dressing into the vegetables and mix thoroughly.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment