Monday, January 28, 2013

Lunch Box #3 - Spaghetti and Meatballs

Star Q


No tuna sandwiches for me to take to work today.  Not because I have gotten tired of them but because I have some tomato sauce (not ketchup!) in the fridge and some chicken meatballs which I had previously made, stashed away in the freezer.

I decided that it would take me a few minutes to fry the meatballs, boil the pasta and heat the tomato sauce.  Plus, bringing spaghetti and meatballs to work would make me the envy of all my colleagues.  To accompany my spaghetti, I also brought an apple and fruit juice for lunch!  It also goes to show that having spaghetti in your lunch box (once in a while) beats tuna sandwiches hands down; any time!

But, for this recipe, I will refrain myself from boring you on how to prepare the tomato sauce.  However, I am going to share with you, my version of the chicken meatballs.

  • 400 g ground chicken meat
  • 10 white angel mushrooms, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic chopped
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp chopped parsley
  • 1 tsp chili flakes
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs 
  • 1 tsp chicken stock granules
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Simply mix all the ingredients together and knead the mixture for about three minutes.  Take half a teaspoon of mixture (or slightly more it you feel it is too small) and roll into balls.  I got about fifty out of this mixture.  Meatballs can then be used immediately or frozen for later use.  Once fried, meatballs should be allowed to simmer gently in the sauce so that the flavors can permeate.

No comments:

Post a Comment