Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Steamed Red Snapper with Kalamansi

Star Q


Really!  I was too lazy to prepare anything elaborate for dinner, but I was in the mood for steamed fish.  I remembered my sister preparing one of her elaborate steamed fish.   I decided not to try hers!

Age must be catching up with me because I feel tired ever so easily.  I was hungry, but too lazy to go out of my way to prepare something extensive, so I did this simple steamed fish dish!  My laziness did not stop me from preparing something to eat (as opposed to buying something!)

  • 500 g red snapper, cut into two
  • 5 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 1 thumb-size ginger, julienned
  • 10 birds eye chilies, halved
  • 10 small dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked
  • 3 spring onions, sliced
  • 3 tbs oyster sauce
  • 1 tbs cornflour
  • 1 tsp anchovy granules
  • 3 tbs kalamansi juice
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 cup water

Season the fish with oyster sauce, anchovy granules and cornflour.  Line a pan with half of the spring onions and shiitake mushrooms.  Place the fish in the pan, pour the remaining seasoning and scatter the garlic, ginger and birds eye chilies over it.  Steam the fish for fifteen minutes or until cooked.  Before serving, sprinkle the sugar evenly over the fish, pour the kalamnsi juice and scatter the remaining spring onions.



No comments:

Post a Comment