Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Kerabu Suhun Lagi/Glass Noodles Salad ... Again

Star Q
i.  July MUET



The torch ginger flowers are blooming again!  Usually when we've got lots of them blooming at the same time, our neighbour would come over and ask for a few.  She's one of those Johoreans who needs to have a torch ginger flower or two in her Asam Pedas.

In our household, torch ginger flowers are usually used in Asam Laksa but with my kids, they prefer to have them in my (famous; to my kids at least!) Glass Noodles Salad.  So, whilst plucking the flowers, my daughter requested for another huge load of Glass Noodles Salad.  I thought of giving the dressing for the salad a slight twist today, not similar to the ones I've made before this.  However, I have the ingredients the same (minus the lemon grass)

For the dressing :
  • 4 tbs oyster sauce
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 2 tbs thick soy sauce
  • 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp anchovy granules
  • 1 tbs granulated sugar

Stir all the ingredients above to combine until the sugar has dissolved.  Mix thoroughly with the salad ingredients.  This amount of dressing makes for an extra moist salad.  Don't forget to sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment