Sunday, March 3, 2013

Honey Chicken with Olives/Ayam Zaitun Bermadu

Star Q


My interest in trying new recipes has finally rubbed on to my missus.  It's exciting to note that when I came back from work the other day, she surprised me with a dish!  She had adapted the recipe from a local magazine (Sedap No. 43).  Plus she did it to celebrate my birthday (see how I stagger my entries! Hehe!)

The best thing was she herself was amazed to note that almost all the things she needed to make the dish according to the recipe was in my larder (at least, now she won't complain when I simply buy things and keep them in the larder!)  The only ingredient that wasn't available was basil, and doing without it did not compromise the taste at all!

  • 4 whole chicken thighs
  • 2 red onions, sliced into thick rings
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 dried bay leaf
  • 2 tbs honey
  • 2 tbs Worchestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tbs lemon juice
  • 200 ml chicken stock
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tbs butter

Heat the butter and then brown the chicken thighs.  Add in the onions, garlic and bay leaf and saute until aromatic.  Stir in the honey, Worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper and lemon juice.  Then add in the chicken stock.  Cover and simmer gently until sauce thickens.  Just before turning off the heat, add in the olives.  Set aside.

Side :
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 250 g potatoes, peeled, cleaned and boiled till tender
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Pinch of black pepper
  • 2 tbs butter

Heat the butter and saute the garlic until aromatic (not brown)  Then add in the potatoes.  Season well with salt and pepper.  Serve with the Honey Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment