Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Semur Ikan Pedas

Star Q


It's been more than a week into the Eid celebrations and I personally, have had enough of the constant menus containing meats and chicken.  Thank God, my gout has not been acting up (knock on wood, fingers crossed and all that!)  Being someone who prefers fish to meat, the past week without any kind of fish dish has got me wanting for some.

But whilst still in the celebration mood, I thought I'd try this recipe which I got from one of my recipe books collection Dari Dapur Zarina.  And I was really in the mood of trying a different way of cooking fish; compared to the ones I'm more used to.
  • 300g Spanish Mackerel
  • 1 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 4 red chilies, de-seeded *
  • 1 large onion *
  • 2 cloves garlic *
  • 1/2 tsp shrimp paste *
  • 1/4 cup water *
  • 1 small packet cellophane noodles
  • 2 tbs thick soy sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 tbs vegetable oil
  • Juice from 2 kalamansi limes

Season the fish with the turmeric and salt, fry and set aside.

Blitz all the ingredients marked (*) in a blender.  Heat the vegetable oil in a wok and saute the blended ingredients until aromatic.  Add in the fried fish and stir well to mix.  Put in the soy sauce, water, cellophane noodles and sugar.  Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.  Just before turning off the heat, pour in the lime juice.  Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment