Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Potato Salad and Crispy Squid Wrap

Star Q


As usual there are times when I don't feel like anything at all (my late mum would scold me and say that is a bad omen!)  Frankly speaking, sometimes I don't have any appetite at all.  Even the sight of food, especially rice, makes me just want to walk away and crawl under a rock (or my warm duvet!)

But I know eventually my tummy will start to rumble and force me to give it some food.  As so, in order to keep myself going, I made this simple potato salad; and to make it more nutritious in terms of completing the food groups, my missus made the crispy squids.

My potato salad is a simple run-off-the-mill version that actually went quite well with the crispy squids.

  • 500 g new potaotes, boiled and halved (or quartered if big)
  • 1 tbs whole grain mustard
  • 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 shallot, chopped 
  • 1 tsp ginger-flavoured honey
  • 2 pieces potato tortilla 

Stir together the garlic, shallot, apple cider vinegar, honey and whole grain mustard followed by the extra virgin olive oil.  While the potatoes are still warm (hot, if you can manage them!) pour the dressing into them and stir to combine.  Warm (hot) potatoes will allow the the flavours of the dressing to permeate better.

Toast the tortillas over the stop until soft and slightly blistered.  Place 2 tbs of the potato salad (or as much as you want), a few crispy squids and some fried red chillies.  Roll up the tortillas and they are ready to be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment