Saturday, August 3, 2013

Muffin Labu Berkeju/Pumpkin Cheese Muffin

Star Q


This is another recipe I tried for Iftaar the other day.  I know that my kids love anything with cheese in  them and so I decided to give this a try.  I also know that my kids don't like pumpkins, so my idea was to merge the cheese that they like with the pumpkin that they dislike, and hoped that they would end up liking the muffins.

The recipe which I took from jintanmanis made 16 muffins.  As usual, I gave half to my neighbour and the other half for my family.  Unfortunately, as it turned out, my kids could taste the pumpkin hidden within the cheese and after taking one bite, they left the muffins all alone.  Alas, I became the designated City Council worker!

  • 140 g AP flour
  • 100 g cream cheese
  • 3 eggs
  • 70 g soft brown sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 70 ml milk
  • 110 g steamed and pureed pumpkin
  • 50 g butter
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 10 g custard powder
  • Pinch of salt

Pre heat oven at 160 C.  Sift together the flour, baking powder and custard powder and set aside.  Separate the yolks and whites and put into separate bowls.  Beat the whites until foamy.  Then add half of the sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks.

Next beat the butter with the remaining sugar until fluffy before adding the eggs.  Then beat in the cream cheese.  Mix thoroughly the pumpkin puree and vanilla essence before adding the flour a bit at a time alternating with the milk.  Finally, fold in the egg whites in three additions.    Spoons mixture 3/4 full into muffin tins.  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.  Serve warm.









No comments:

Post a Comment