Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Nutella Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting

Star Q


Now, this is a recipe that is right up my alley.  It's simple, it's quick to prepare and most of all, it has only four ingredients.  I definitely love, love, love this sort of recipe.  Actually, it was almost 6.30 p.m. and the missus asked me if I was going to prepare dessert for Iftaar (this shows how backdated this recipe is!)  I didn't want to say no, so I scoured the net and found this recipe (it is so simple that I remembered the whole recipe and forgot to remember the website where I got it from but my thanks to the original owner nevertheless)

However, after going through the four ingredients I realised that the recipe needed a little tweaking.  I also felt that the brownies needed some kind of frosting, so I quickly rummaged through my fridge and found enough ingredients to make the simple cream cheese frosting.  Both the simple brownies with the frosting went so well together that my kids asked for more.  Sadly, the recipe only made four!

For the brownies 
  • 1/2 cp Nutella hazelnut spread
  • 5 tbs AP flour, sifted
  • 1 medium size egg
  • 1/2 cup chopped hazelnut ( which I omitted)
  • 1  tbs vegetable oil (this I added)

Whisk the egg and hazelnut spread until thoroughly mixed.  Then whisk in the oil followed by the flour.  Divide mixture between four small ramekins and bake in a pre heated oven (160 C) for about ten minutes.  Once cooked, set aside to cool completely before frosting.

Simple cream cheese frosting :
  • 150 g room temperature cream cheese
  • 2 tbs butter
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.  Beat in the sugar a little bit at a time.  Finally beat in the vanilla essence.

This frosting recipe resulted in quite a firm mixture, so I didn't need to put the frosting inside the fridge to firm it up.  Anyway, I merely dolloped one tablespoon of the frosting onto each of the brownies and gave it time to slightly moisten the brownies.


No comments:

Post a Comment