Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bruschetta Kita!

Star Q


It's Saturday morning and I was at the morning market with my youngest girl.  It's only the two of us today because the missus has gone spend the night at her sister's place.  She will be part of the 'rombongan merisik' for her nephew.  I couldn't attend because I have a baking class (baking class? haha!)

Anyway, while strolling through the vegetable stalls, I noticed these cute little mushrooms (sorry, I don't know the name and neither did the stall owner!) being sold in one of the stalls.  I hadn't had breakfast yet and I didn't want to buy the oil and fat laden food sold at the market!  I thought the mushrooms would go well with some tomatoes put on top slices of French Bread (the only ones I could find here!)  And it was!  Bruschetta Kita!

  • 150 g little mushrooms 
  • 2 large tomatoes (preferably red!) diced
  • 1 red onion (diced)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 sprig parsley, chopped
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 2 slices French bread, toasted
  • 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a pan and quickly saute the mushrooms adding a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper.  Once the mushrooms are cooked, dish out and set aside.  In the same pan, add the other 1 tbs olive oil and saute the onion.  Once the onion has wilted add the garlic.  Next add in the tomatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper.  Once the tomatoes have almost broken up, ladle out and spoon on top of the toasted bread.  Wait a few seconds for the juices to absorb into the bread, then, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment