Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes

Star Q
iii.  Lala Kimchi


This is yet another one of those things I do for people who are always willing to accept me whenever I come over and visit their schools.  It is very difficult to get people, teachers especially, to accept me; especially in my line of work. 

But SMK Bukit Rokan is one school where the teachers are quite friendly.  I am not really sure how they react to other visitors, but I suppose their reaction towards me has something to do with the way my long time friend welcomes me to her school!  Always bubbly and warm, I suppose these attribute of hers some how rub off onto them.

Well, back to the recipe.  I found this recipe in the net and made these Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes just to show them how grateful I am.  I made quite a bunch of these that there was enough to even give some to the Principal.

  • 1 cup AP flour
  • 1/2 cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 6 tbs butter, softened
  • 3/4 cups sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 3 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbs semisweet mini chocolate chips
  • 2 tbs chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 180 C.   Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake papers.   In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, and set aside.  Cream 3/4 cup sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.  Add the egg and stir until just combined.  Gently stir in half the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated.   Mix in the milk.  Add the remaining flour and stir until combined.  Set aside.

In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla.  Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.  Dollop just enough cupcake batter into the cupcake liners just to cover the bottom.  Add a dollop of the cream cheese filling into each and then top with remaining batter.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Once cooked, allow them to cool completely before removing from the cupcake pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment