Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sri Rasa Baked Chicken Wings

Star Q


Better late than never, I always say.  I am talking about the global craze with one particular chili sauce that is Sriracha!  I'm sure anyone who is interested in the culinary world in one way or another, must have heard about it. 

I have been keeping my eyes peeled for this chili sauce, but in all the wrong places I must say because it has taken me quite a long time to finally get my hands on a bottle of this chili sauce.  However the one I recently bought in KL is not made in our neighbouring country, but in our own backyard.

Whatever the case, today I got to try out the chili sauce in this simple baked chicken recipe.  All the other ingredients I already have in my pantry.  I only needed to buy the chicken wings from the market and the baked chicken wings were well under way.

  • 6 pieces chicken wings, cleaned
  • 5 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1 thumb size ginger, grated
  • 3 tbs oyster sauce
  • 2 tbs runny honey (I used madu Kelulut)
  • 1 tbs thick soya sauce
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
  • 1 tbs Sriracha chili sauce
  • 1 tbs olive oil

Mix all the ingredients together and leave to marinade for at least one hour.  Place the chicken wings on a baking tray, reserve the marinade and bake in a pre-heated oven (180 C) for about 45 minutes.  Half way through cooking time, baste the chicken wings with the reserved marinade.

Note : I tossed some baby carrots in the chicken marinade and baked them together with the chicken wings.






No comments:

Post a Comment