Sunday, August 2, 2015

Panko Crusted Salmon

Star Q


If there is one type of protein that I love more than any other type, it must be fish.  I eat fish six days a week and on one of those days when my wife decides to cook chicken or beef or anything else other than fish, I would still want fish as a side dish.

Salmon, however, is the only fish that I very seldom cook. The last time I cooked salmon was when I was studying in Leeds and I was house-sitting for a friend who was away on holiday.  I had his house all to myself and he gave me permission to use anything in the pantry.  I went to Kirkgate Market, bought some salmon and made Salmon Asam Pedas!.

I guess I have never cooked salmon here because it is quite expensive.  My daughter however wanted to have salmon so much, that I gave in and bought some.  The dish I made turned out to be quite delicious (at least to me!) and it actually appealed to my daughter's taste buds.

  • 2 salmon steaks
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1 tbs butter
  • 1 tbs olive

Season the salmon steaks with salt and pepper.  Meanwhile pre heat oven at 180 C.  Mix the rest of the ingredients together, then lightly pack breadcrumb mixture on top of the salmon steaks.  Bake the salmon for about 25 minutes.  Serve hot with lemon butter sauce (recipe below)

  • 5 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1 tbs butter
  • 250 ml thick cream
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp sugar

Heat the butter in a pan.  Stir in the garlic for a few seconds then add the cream.  Allow the cream to heat up a little before adding the lemon juice and sugar.  Once the sugar has dissolved, take the sauce off the heat and serve with the salmon.







No comments:

Post a Comment