Monday, December 8, 2014

Kerabu Kacang Kelisa Dengan Sotong

Star Q
As I have mentioned in my earlier entries, I have been inundated with courses for the past eight weeks or so, so much so that the food I ate at all the venues have caught up with me in more ways than one.  Firstly, there is my increase waistline and secondly, there is that slight distaste for any dish that resembles hotel food.  In short, I miss simple, home prepared food.

Since I was on leave, I decided to prepare some dishes that did not require any frying, to do away with the oil aspect.  Also I didn't want anything with coconut milk.  So, I decided to have some grilled fish accompanied with air asam.  And to go with it, I though I would prepare some kerabu.

Of course there was not much choice when I went to the market; there never is on a Friday.  So, I bought some four-angled beans and some small squids that I could turn into kerabu.

  • 8 to 10 four-angled beans, sliced thinly on the bias
  • 5 shallots, fine sliced
  • 10 birds eye chillies, sliced
  • 4 spring onions, sliced on the bias
  • 10 squids, cleaned and cut into strips
  • 1 tbs fish sauce
  • 3 tbs palm sugar
  • 2 tbs lime juice
  • 1 tsp anchovy stock granules

Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl.  Then, make the dressing by mixing the remaining ingredients until well combined.  Pour the dressing into the bowl and toss the salad together.  Serve immediately before the salad becomes too soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment