Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Parmesan Beans

Star Q
Hot on the heels of my previous entry titled Sometimes Simple Is Best, I have decided to prepare something really simple that did not need any tending to.  I merely left the food in the oven to take care of themselves while I took care of some unfinished work.

It was just a simple case of simple mixing with simple marinades and bunging them in the oven.  And as I mentioned in my previous entry, sometimes simple is best.  In this specific situation I noticed that my kids asked for seconds.  And what was more surprising was when they even asked me if there was any more chicken leftover the next morning!

To me the dishes seemed bland which was the original intention.  I decided to reduce the amount of salt used and relied more on the flavorings for the roasted chicken, baked potatoes and beans.  The three dishes put together seemed to complement each other and no gravy was actually needed; though I did make some just in case the kids wanted it!

In this entry, I'll be sharing this simple Parmesan Beans recipe.  Don't worry about the pale green color of the beans.  They were like that when I bought them that morning, so they were indeed fresh.

  • 500 g green beans, topped and tailed
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Wash and drain the beans.  Arrange them on top of the baked potatoes (you can use your own baked potato recipe!)  Sprinkle evenly the Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 minutes.  Serve warm (or cold as liked by my kids!)

No comments:

Post a Comment